New OSF 3.1 and Web Site
Structured Dynamics today released version 3.1 of the Open Semantic Framework and announced the update of the OSF Web site. OSF is an integrated software stack using semantic technologies for knowledge management. It has a layered architecture that combines existing open source software with additional open source components. OSF is made available under the Apache 2 license.
Enhancements to OSF version 3.1 include:
- Upgrade to use the Virtuoso Open Source version 7.1.0 triple store;
- A new API for Clojure developers: clj-osf;
- A sandbox where each of the nearly 30 OSF Web services may be invoked and tested;
- A variety of bug fixes and minor functional improvements; and
- An updated and improved OSF installer.
OSF version 3.1 is available for download from GitHub.
Frédérick Giasson, OSF's lead developer, noted that the "release of the OSF Installer is another effort of the growing Open Semantic Framework community." He thanked William (Bill) Anderson for this particular contribution.
The new Web site accompanying the release has been simplified with a more modern look. The site now features discussion of possible applications and use cases for OSF.
Structured Dynamics LLC
Email: mike at structureddynamics dot com